Friday, November 16, 2007

Summary (Thing #23)

My favorite discoveries were the Library Thing website and the Web 2.0 Awards. I am now much more familiar with the concepts of social networking, RSS feeds, wikis and podcasts. I've tried to relate the new things I learned to the work done in libraries. Podcasts are useful for storytimes for children and book talks for all ages. Blogs and wikis are a great way of encouraging input from the community, with book reviews, discussions and suggestions. I really enjoyed reading the blogs of others and found many of the exercises to be fun and challenging. One frustration I had was the amount of time it took to complete the program - much of it was done on my own time since I just didn't have the time in my work schedule. All in all it was a wonderful and rewarding learning experience.

No comments: